Can you believe this girl told me she didn't want to get Pretty Muddy?
|Source (Alexis' FB)|
I originally signed up for the 8:15 wave. However, I heard that a group of people I know were planning to run in the 1:00p.m. wave Sooo... I switched my run time.
Since I had already convinced my husband to volunteer for the 6:30 - 10:30 shift, I emailed the Pretty Muddy team and signed myself up for the same shift.
Volunteering for Pretty Muddy was SO much fun (for me). I got to stand at the Volunteer tent and talk to Martha (The volunteer coordinator) for the first couple of hours THEN I got to go to the Merchandise tent and talk to more people for the last part of my shift! Honestly, it was a blast for me!
You can read about my husbands volunteer experience here.
Volunteer Experience = 10 out of 10
After my volunteer duties were complete, it was time for me to transition into RUNNER status!
In an effort to stick with the "pretty" theme, I've broken my recap into the following categories...
That's Pretty Muddy!
So, let's start!
It was Pretty Awesome that...
- I had my very own check in section at registration! (WHAT?!)
- Live Band from 11a - 1p
- A free shirt
- Costume Contests
- Fitness Classes
- 11 challenges
- A Mud slide (that's right... a MUD slide!)
- Sweaty ... well, I got sweaty while running.
- Towards the end of the day, there was Mud EVERYWHERE! As a girl who doesn't exactly like to get too dirty, it was a little tough for me to handle. haha
Pretty Big Shout Out!
I'd like to give a shout out to the Founders and Staff for the race. You guys truly know how to make a great event. I would like to thank you for the opportunity participate in such a fun event! I'm looking forward to next year!
Ideas for Next Year!
1) You should have a short dash for young girls.
2) Sell Pretty Muddy Training Gear (Shorts / Tank Tops / Sports Bras)
3) Make the Flip Flops Purple (white gets waaay too dirty!)
Opportunities for 2013
Follow Pretty Muddy on your favorite social sites and get ready for next year!
I would like to officially thank Ms. KS for being my first nail polish sponsor! She took the theme Pretty Muddy and gave me the following choices.
The Pink represents the Princess
The Black represents the mud
and the glitter represents GIRLS only!
Thank you KS, you did were an AWESOME sponsor!
* Although I was given 1 registration for the Pretty Muddy race, the opinions posted are my very own.