My 16 month old started a consistent nap and bed time (for the first time in her life) and my newborn packed on three pounds and two inches.
I stand at my counter typing this post gazing at my toddler playing in the (extremely messy) living room and my newborn watching closely from the swing and ask I myself the same question I get over and over again.
"How do you do it?"
I no longer plan anything more than meals, naps and bedtime. The diaper changes, snacks, story times, play times and all over daily activities are unscripted. We simply go with the flow... if we want to read an extra story, or pull out every last toy, or have a little dance party - we do.
Because if I stop and think about the stressful things going on,
- my husband starting a new job
- selling our first home - the one we worked SO hard to get...
- our A/C dying (forcing my husband to leave me alone in the hospital with our newborn)
- Our car randomly smoking - like CRAZY due to a loose oil cap.. (the oil cap that just doesn't seem to stay put)
- resigning from my job (I did that in January, but still...)
- moving to a new city with my husband and 15 month old as my only support for this new life
- etc... etc.. etc..
So, how am I doing it?
He must become greater and greater and I must become less and less. Jn. 3:30 (The Living Bible)
Until you realize that God is way bigger than all those little things (that build up into big things) you're going to miss out - and I don't want to miss a moment with the three most important people in my life.
As long as I remember that my God is bigger, and able to supply my needs we're going to be okay.
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:19 (New Living Translation)
Until next time...