So, now that we are roughly three months into this life with three precious girls under the age of three years old, I think i've figured it out!
Postpartum Running Goals - December - February
- Finish the Miami Half Marathon in 1 piece
I'm not sure what I was thinking, when I thought I would be able to get up at 5 a.m. 3x a week to run, I just don't know. The fact is, I have a half Marathon roughly 6 weeks from now and my only goal is to finish it in 1 piece. I will accomplish this by running 3x a week, and resting the other days.
- Tuesday, 30-45 minutes
- Thursday, 30-45 minutes
- Sunday, Long Run
How will I get out the door during the week?
- Have dinner ready as soon as my husband gets home from work
- Leave the dishes until after the run
- Feed the baby during during so I'm able to quickly escape out the door
- Leave the dishes until after bedtime
How will I accomplish a long run?
- Family Dinner
- Every Sunday we hang out at my in-laws home. I will simply excuse myself for a little while and go for a nice long run.
- 30/30 Run-Walk
- 30/30 Run-Walk felt very comfortable for my during my first postpartum run, and I think I need to stick with that for the remainder of my training for the Miami Half
Question of the day: What's are you training for?
*This post contained affiliate links, this cost nothing additional to you but I do receive a small percentage if you decide to purchase a product.