At the first sign of a cold, I begin this routine and each night once the children are in bed I will wipe the surfaces and toys again.
- Open Windows, let the Sunshine in!
- Remove and Launder All Bedding
- Stuffed Animals and Comfort Items
- Disinfect Bed
- Wipe or Spray with a Disinfectant Agent
- Dust the Room
- Clean the Floors
- Clean as per usual
- Pay Special Attention to:
- Disinfect light switches
- Door knobs
- Open the Windows, Let the Sunshine in!
- Disinfect All Surfaces
- Disinfect Door Knobs and Handles
- Change Air Filters
- Disinfect All Toys
- Clean the floors
For additional support, I like to diffuse some DoTerra essential oils in the air.
Some of my favorite blends include:
- (2 drops) Lavender, (2 drops) Orange (2 drops) Lemon
- (5 Drops) Wild Orange
- (3 Drops) Lavender (3 Drops) Purify
If you are looking for an EXCELLENT cold fighting soup, check out my friend Meg's blog for a recipe.
I used her recipe as a base and added some carrots and calabaza squash for some additional flavor and vitamin C and A.
Remember to stay hydrated, and rest!